Welcome to our comprehensive and in-depth look at the Alen BreatheSmart – one of the world’s most popular air purifiers for both homes and professional offices. Here you’ll find a ton of great information about the BreatheSmart, as well as a detailed breakdown of what you can expect from your unit in our Alen BreatheSmart review at the end.
For the best price on a new Alen air cleaner, click here to visit the official Amazon product page.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
The Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier is a solid choice for anyone looking for top quality purification in larger common rooms, throughout smaller homes, and in most apartments. Rated for up to 1,100 square feet, the BreatheSmart is powerful enough to fully clean your home or office’s air of more than 99% of all particles greater than 0.3 microns in diameter in just two hours.
Unlike other air purifiers which are bulky and stick out no matter where you place them in your house or business, the Alen BreatheSmart was expertly crafted to fit in seamlessly with your existing décor. To go along with its sleek and stylish design, this air purifier is available in 14 different color palates to match almost any setting it’s placed in.
Best yet, the BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier comes with Alen’s industry-leading lifetime warranty – providing peace of mind when investing in an air purifier designed to work properly for decades to come.
From a technical perspective, there are two separate technologies implemented in the Alen BreatheSmart which set this air purifier apart from the competition.
First is Alen’s WhisperMax Technology, a uniquely engineered fan and air chamber design which works to maximize clean air delivery while producing the least amount of external sound possible. With WhisperMax you don’t need to worry about the loud operational sounds that often accompany other lower-end air purifiers.
Secondly, the built-in SmartSensor Technology is constantly assessing the quality of the air that it’s drawing in in order to detect the levels of pollutants and other airborne allergens. Based on the air’s quality, the Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier automatically adjusts its airflow level to ensure maximum purification while using no more energy than needed to effectively clear the space’s air. Not only does this mean less energy consumption, but it also reduces long-term wear and tear on the unit.
Want to find out about the quality of your home’s air at a glance? The digital air quality display lights up in three different colors based on the amount of pollutants in the air: blue indicates a low quantity of airborne particles detected, yellow indicates a moderate level of harmful pollutants, and red signifies that there are a dangerous number of airborne particles present.
The BreatheSmart is easy to set-up and use, but there is one question you need to answer before making a purchase: which of the four available filters best fits your individual needs?
To simplify things a little, here’s a quick description of the four different available filter options and how they compare:
The most basic of the Alen’s filters, the HEPA-Pure is designed for removing dust and other common allergens from your home or office’s air.
Ideal for medical offices and immune-compromised households, the BreatheSmart’s HEPA-Silver filter is designed to trap harmful bacteria and germs that spread through the air.
If you’re looking for an air purification solution that addresses cigarette and cigar odors and pollutants, you want to go with Alen’s HEPA-OdorCell filter which is great at removing smoke and other heavy airborne odors.
Here are some of the key facts at a glance about the Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier:
1) Designed to purify smoke, pollen, and dust from the air in mid-sized to large rooms, as well as many smaller homes and apartments under 1,100 square feet of total floor space.
2) The air purifier unit comes with four variable fan speeds: low, medium, high, and turbo.
3) The noise level of the BreatheSmart falls in the pink spectrum of sound which means that the unit helps reduce irritating high frequency noises thanks to its WhisperMax technology and relaxing, low frequency output.
4) Auto-Off safety feature disables the unit whenever the front cover panel is removed.
5) Four types of filters are available for the Alen BreatheSmart, including the HEPA-Pure, HEPA-Silver, HEPA OdorCell, and HEPA-FreshPlus.
6) The BreatheSmart comes in 14 different colors in order to match the décor of nearly setting in the home or office.
7) The SmartSensor Technology automatically adjusts the fan speed based on the quality of the air in the room.
8) Enhance the life of your HEPA filter thanks to a washable pre-filter which meets countless EPA air quality standards and provides extra protection against dust, pet hair, and other large particles.
9) Just about anyone can easily operate the air cleaner’s simple digital display and intuitive touch-button controls.
10) Thanks to its easy-handle system, this air cleaner can be effortlessly moved from room to room as needed, and can even be transported from location to location with little hassle.
If you’re looking for one specific reason why you should choose the BreatheSmart over other air purifiers on the market, how about this: Alen guarantees your unit from workmanship and manufactures’ defects for a lifetime. This means with proper care, maintenance, and filter replacement, you can expect your Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier to last for many years and decades to come – something you can’t say about many products and especially not about most commercially-available air filters and cleaners. That makes this the best air purifier for smoke in terms of warranty.
Finally, the part of the article you’ve probably been waiting for: our all-things-considered Alen BreatheSmart review!
Overall, this air purifier is undoubtedly one of the best choices out there for any consumer serious about cleaning smoke, odors, and other harmful or annoying airborne particles out of the air in their home or office.
If you’re looking for a budget air purifier or only need to clean the air in a small space such as a personal office or bedroom, the BreatheSmart may not be the right choice for you. But if you want a well-priced air filter that is powerful enough to fully clean large spaces up to 1,100 square feet in just two hours, you can’t go wrong with this unit. Based on the amount of space covered and level of purification obtained, the Alen BreatheSmart is easily on par with professional-grade air purifiers for doctors’ offices and laboratories that can cost twice as much or more.